TEAS 5.9 and TEASi 2.8 release highlights
We made several enhancements in the latest releases of the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) and the Trademark Electronic Application System International (TEASi). The significant changes are listed below. The releases are scheduled for April 29, 2017.
NOTE TO TEAS AND TEASi USERS: You should file all “portable” forms and “e-signature” forms by 7:59 a.m. on Saturday, April 29. If you don’t file these forms by this time, you will have to start the process again with the new forms. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For questions about the releases, please email TEAS@uspto.gov.
Significant changes in this release
Revised declaration statements in response to customer feedback
- On January 14, 2017, the USPTO revised certain TEAS declarations in response to public feedback. Read the TEAS reformatted declarations page for a complete list of changes.
- Based on user feedback, we are making some additional changes to the declarations on April 29, 2017.
- These revisions will appear in the following forms:
- Initial Applications: revised for clarity and inserted a bullet in the basis section to state “To the best of the signatory’s knowledge and belief, the facts recited in the application are accurate.”
- Allegations of Use: added the inadvertently omitted language “the signatory believes” before “the applicant is the owner of the mark” in the first checkbox
Simplified form language for saving form data
- Renamed the “Download Portable Data” button on the Validation Page as “Save Form”
New alert messages to display when payment system is unavailable
- Users will receive an alert message if the fee payment system (FPNG) is unavailable.
- Users will be instructed to save their work by clicking the “Save Form” button at the bottom of the form, and to try the payment later.
- The "Pay/Submit" button will be disabled.
- If the fee payment system is partially unavailable, the pink text box at the top of the TEAS validation page will display a message identifying the payment methods available, along with the option to save the form.
- The message will also include outage dates and times in real time for payment methods temporarily unavailable.
Simplified filing receipts for initial applications and list of next steps in the process
- Embedded hyperlinks instead of URLs
- Improved format to enhance readability, including increasing line spacing and removing all caps
- Described the next steps in the application process
Enhanced Revocation, Appointment, and/or Change of Address of Attorney/Domestic Representative Form
- This form will allow attorneys and domestic representatives to update address information without revoking or replacing.
Improved interface for limitations in TEASi International Application/Subsequent Designations
- Users will have to select an option when limiting goods and services for a particular designated Madrid member.
Click on the links below to view the highlights of changes in previous TEAS and TEASi releases
- TEAS 5.8 and TEASi 2.7 release highlights (January 4, 2017)
- TEAS Reformatted Declarations Effective January 14, 2017 (January 3, 2017)
- TEAS 5.7 and TEASi 2.5 Highlights (October 15, 2016)
- TEAS 5.6 and TEASi 2.4 Highlights (October 1, 2016)
- TEAS 5.5 Highlights (December 5, 2015)
- TEAS 5.4 Highlights (July 11, 2015)
- TEAS 5.3 - TEAS RF Highlights (January 17, 2015)
- TEAS 5.2 & TEASi 2.3 Highlights (August 23, 2014)
- TEAS 5.1.2 Highlights (December 7, 2013)
- TEASi 2.2.1 Highlights (October 16, 2013)
- TEAS ID Assistance Tool (August 25, 2013)
- TEAS 5.1 & TEASi 2.2 Highlights (April 20, 2013)
- TEAS 5.0 Highlights (January 31, 2013)
- TEAS 4.9 Highlights (November 19, 2011)
- TEAS 4.8 Highlights (January 22, 2011)