TEAS 6.0 and TEASi 3.0 release highlights
We are upgrading the backend infrastructure of the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) and the Trademark Electronic Application System International (TEASi) to improve the operational efficiency and stability of these systems. In addition to the upgrade, we made a few minor enhancements and bug fixes, which are listed below.
- USPTO standard website headers and footers have been incorporated into all application forms, to provide a more consistent look and feel across all USPTO systems.
- Text entered in the free-text field of the global forms will no longer disappear when you navigate away from the page.
- For those filing under the Madrid Protocol, when you’re completing the application for international registration and subsequent designation forms, you can now select all countries for subsequent designation.
- Issue with the collective membership mark form that was affecting the method of control statement has been fixed. Your statement will now appear correctly in Trademark Status and Document Retrieval (TSDR).
The release will occur on Saturday, December 15, 2018 at 8 a.m.
You must file all saved forms and e-signature forms by 7:30 a.m. ET on Saturday, December 15. If you don’t file these forms by that time, you will have to start the process again with the new forms. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For questions about this release, please email TEAS@uspto.gov.
What do I need to do now that the upgrade is complete?
Postal code requirements for international filers
TEAS This enhancement helps us make sure USPTO mail reaches you. To see if a postal code is required for your country, visit USPS Publication 141 for a list of countries where postal codes are required.
Clearing your cache and cookies
You will need to clear your cache and cookies before accessing the TEAS/TEASi forms.
Your web browser holds onto information, such as every website you’ve visited in the last month. This information is your browser history or your cache. Over time, this information adds up and can cause problems with accessing and navigating websites.
Cookies are small pieces of data attached to certain websites. When you access a website, these little pieces of information are stored in your browser. The next time you visit that same website, your browser sends those pieces of saved information back to the website, so that the website has access to the information from your last visit.
For example, while online shopping, you added some items to your shopping cart. Then, you left the website. When you returned to the website, those same items were still in your cart.
How do I clear my cache and cookies before accessing forms?
Here are instructions on clearing your cache and cookies for the browsers we support:
- On your computer, open.
- Click the menu button. This button looks like three dots in the top right corner of the window.
- Hover your mouse over the “More tools” menu item.
- A sub-list will appear. Click “ browsing data...”
- A “Clear browsing data” box will appear on your screen. At the top, choose a time range. To everything, select “All time”.
- Check the boxes next to “ and other site data” and “ images and files”.
- Click “ data”.
Safari 8.0-10.0 (Mac)
- On your computer, open Safari.
- Click Safari in the upper left hand side of your screen. In the menu that appears, click “Preferences”.
- In the window that appears, click the “Privacy” tab. Click the button “Remove All Website Data”.
- Click “Remove Now” in the pop up window that appears.
Internet Explorer 9, 10, and 11 (Windows)
- On your computer, open Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools button. This button is the gear icon in the top right corner of the browser window.
- Hover your mouse over the “Safety” menu option.
- Click on “Delete browsing history....” from the popup menu.
- A new menu will appear. Uncheck “Preserve Favorites website data” and check both “Temporary Internet files and website files” and “Cookies and website data”.
- Click “Delete”.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once the browser has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
- On your computer, open Firefox.
- From the History menu, select “Clear Recent History”.
- From the Time range, in the drop-down menu, select the desired range you want to clear. To clear your entire cache, select everything.
- Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear. To clear your entire cache, select all items.
- Click “Clear now”.
- Exit all browser windows and re-open the browser.
Click on the links below to view the highlights of changes in previous TEAS and TEASi releases.
- TEAS 5.12 and TEASi 2.10 release highlights (May 5, 2018)
- TEAS 5.10 and TEASi 2.9 release highlights (July 15, 2017)
- TEAS 5.9 and TEASi 2.8 release highlights (April 29, 2017)
- TEAS 5.8 and TEASi 2.7 release highlights (January 4, 2017)
- TEAS Reformatted Declarations Effective January 14, 2017 (January 3, 2017)
- TEAS 5.7 and TEASi 2.5 Highlights (October 15, 2016)
- TEAS 5.6 and TEASi 2.4 Highlights (October 1, 2016)
- TEAS 5.5 Highlights (December 5, 2015)
- TEAS 5.4 Highlights (July 11, 2015)
- TEAS 5.3 - TEAS RF Highlights (January 17, 2015)
- TEAS 5.2 & TEASi 2.3 Highlights (August 23, 2014)
- TEAS 5.1.2 Highlights (December 7, 2013)
- TEASi 2.2.1 Highlights (October 16, 2013)
- TEAS ID Assistance Tool (August 25, 2013)
- TEAS 5.1 & TEASi 2.2 Highlights (April 20, 2013)
- TEAS 5.0 Highlights (January 31, 2013)
- TEAS 4.9 Highlights (November 19, 2011)
- TEAS 4.8 Highlights (January 22, 2011)