Contact the Trademark Assistance Center
The Trademark Assistance Center (TAC) can only answer general questions about the trademark process or our Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) forms. For contact information of other areas at the USPTO, see below. Also, USPTO staff cannot give any legal advice. For such advice, consider hiring an attorney with experience in trademark matters.
Phone: 1-800-786-9199 (select option #1)
Address: 600 Dulany Street, Madison East, Concourse Level, Alexandria, VA 22314
Time to contact:
- By phone, Monday - Friday (except federal holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
- In person, Monday - Friday (except federal holidays) from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
When you contact us, tell us:
- Your application serial number or registration number
- Your name, as well as your phone number or email
- The problem or issue that you are having.
Contact your direct point of contact
For questions about your application or registration, contact the USPTO staff person listed in your USPTO communication. Use the employee locator search for their contact information, if needed.
Other contact information
Employee locator search
To search for an employee by name, phone number, or office, use the employee locator search.
Additional contact information for law offices and division managers
If your assigned USPTO staff person is unavailable, then you may contact the unit supervisor. See the other trademark contact information page for their contact information.
Electronic filing help: TEAS, fees, assignments, and TTAB
- Filing TEAS forms: Email TEAS@uspto.gov. You will generally receive a response within two hours if you emailed us on Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET.
- Using the USPTO payment page: Call the USPTO helpdesk at 1-800-786-9199 and select option 3, then option 4. Or you can email FeesHelp@uspto.gov.
- Filing assignments online: Email ETAS@uspto.gov or call the Assignment Services Division Customer Service Desk at 571-272-3350 Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
- Filing submissions to the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB): Email ESTTA@uspto.gov. Include any ESTTA tracking number in your email. Or call the TTAB at 571-272-8500 Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.
To request a correction of:
- Typographical errors made by the USPTO that appear in the USPTO Trademark databases (Trademark Status & Document Retrieval (TSDR) and Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS)) for a particular application before publication: Email TMdatabasecorrect@uspto.gov.
- Design search code(s) assigned to a particular trademark application or registration: Email TMDesignCodeComments@uspto.gov.
- Typographical errors made by the applicant that appear in the USPTO Trademark databases (TSDR and TESS) for a particular application before publication use the Voluntary Amendment Form.
- Typographical errors made by the applicant that appear in the USPTO Trademark databases (TSDR and TESS) for a particular application after approval for publication use the Post-Publication Amendment.
Suggestions and comments
- To submit comments, complaints, compliments, or other user feedback, email TMFeedback@uspto.gov.
- To suggest adding entries to the Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual (ID Manual), email TMIDSUGGEST@uspto.gov.
- To submit comments concerning the Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure (TMEP), email TMTMEP@uspto.gov.
For questions about searching the USPTO’s database of trademarks using TESS, email TESS@uspto.gov.
Ordering certified trademark documents
- To order certified copies of trademark documents, access the order copies of USPTO documents page.
- For prosecutors to order certified copies of trademark documents (Official Government Use Only), access the trademark documents for prosecutors (official government use only) page.
Disaster guidance - submitting documents when unable to file electronically
For trademark customers affected by a widespread disastrous event or lengthy USPTO system outage, see how to submit documents to the USPTO.
USPTO headquarters locations
For information on the USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, and four regional offices, see the USPTO locations page.