The complete trademark fee chart ("fee schedule") is accessed by clicking on the button immediately below:
Note: Almost all trademark fees for any part of the process are calculated on a per class basis for all listed goods and/or services, which will make overall fees higher if goods/services fall in more than one class.
Initial application fee for electronic filing
|Option 1: TEAS Plus||Option 2: TEAS Standard|
|$250 per class of goods/services||$350 per class of goods/services|
The cost of attaining a trademark varies depending upon the filing basis selected, and which initial application form is used. Each of these filing options have specific requirements that impact the fee amount. There are certain factors used to calculate the filing fee for an initial application, and you should be familiar with these factors before accessing the new application forms:
- Number of marks: Only one mark may be filed per application. If you have multiple marks, they require separate applications, each with its own filing fee
- Number of classes: You must pay for each class of goods and/or services in the application. For example, if the application is for one mark but the mark is used on goods in two different classes, such as computer software in Class 9 and t-shirts in Class 25, then a filing fee for two classes is required before the application could be approved.
- Application filing option selected: TEAS Plus and TEAS Standard
Possible additional fees for intent-to-use applications
- Requesting extension of time to show use of mark (if not part of initial application): $125 per class; and/or
- Showing use (if not part of initial application): $100 per class.
Note: A more detailed overview of Trademark fees is also available.
After mark registers
1. Filing Declaration of Use after 5 Years (§8 declaration): $225 per class (if filed before the grace period);
2. Filing Declaration of Use after 5 years (§8 declaration) combined with Declaration of Incontestability (§15 declaration): $425 per class (if filed before the grace period);
3. Filing Declaration of Use and Application for Renewal every 10 years (Combined §8 declaration and §9 renewal): $525 per class (if filed before the grace period).
4. Filing Declaration of Incontestability (§15 declaration): $200 per class.
Note: Additional fees will be required if filing within the grace period. A more detailed explanation of maintenance filing requirements is available.
Methods of payment
TEAS and TEASi have been enhanced to allow for payments via a new online fee payment management tool, Financial Manager. Once you complete your order in TEAS or TEASi, you’ll have the option to “Pay as a guest” or “Sign in” using your uspto.gov account credentials. View an introduction to Financial Manager to help you get started. If you need assistance using Financial Manager, please contact the USPTO help desk at 1-800-786-9199 and selection option 3, then option 4. You may also send an email to FeesHelp@uspto.gov.
Financial Manager offers you three easy to establish, easy to manage methods of online payment:
- Credit Cards accepted are VISA®, MasterCard®, Discover®, and American Express®. All TEAS forms accept credit card payment.
- USPTO Deposit Accounts are pre-paid fund reserves that customers can establish to pay fees to the USPTO. For more information, please review the Deposit Account Rules and Information page. Instructions on how to replenish deposit accounts are available on the Deposit Account Replenishment Options page.
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT) via ACH Debit – an online account maintained in Financial Manager and settled via the ACH Network process from your U.S. bank account. All new EFT profiles are subject to an account verification process prior to first use (generally eight business days). There is a $50 processing fee for any EFT payment returned to the USPTO unpaid.
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT) via ACH Credit – made through your financial institution and processed from your U.S. bank account via the ACH Network to replenish deposit accounts only.
Alternative method of payment:
- Credit Cards accepted are VISA®, MasterCard®, Discover®, and American Express®. To pay by credit card when not using TEAS, you must submit a Credit Card Payment Form.
We do not accept cash payments.
Foreign funds not accepted: All fees must be in U.S. dollars. For additional information on payments, review the Fees and payment page and the Fees and payment FAQs. The USPTO encourages paying fees online using the forms available on the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS).
Refunds generally unavailable
Fees paid are generally not refunded by the USPTO. Registration is not automatic and requires legal review by an examining attorney. Please take all necessary steps to ensure your mark is entitled to receive a trademark registration before filing an application. For example, it is important to take steps such as consulting the USPTO Manual of Acceptable Goods and Services (ID Manual) and searching the USPTO database before beginning the application. For more. Information on the USPTO refund policy, see TMEP Section 405.04.
For questions concerning fees and payment methods, contact the Trademark Assistance Center.