About Financial Manager
When paying online thru various USPTO storefronts, you may pay as a guest but can only use a credit/debit card. See the Accepted payment methods page about available options for paying fees.
Financial Manager is the USPTO's online fee payment management tool that provides added benefits and allows you to:
- Store and manage the following payment method types: credit/debit cards, deposit accounts, and electronic funds transfer (EFT) accounts.
- Assign user permissions to give different levels of access for each stored payment method.
- Check out quickly using a stored payment method on the various USPTO storefronts.
- Generate, view, and download reports, including transaction history and monthly statements as Excel, PDF, or CSV files.
Check out the Video Introduction to Financial Manager to learn more.
I'm new to Financial Manager. How should I get started?
STEP ONE: Create your uspto.gov account
In Financial Manager, select the "Create an Account" button and follow the instructions to create a uspto.gov account. You will need to enter your first name, last name, and email address to get started. The uspto.gov accounts are designed for individuals, not groups or organizations. After you've created your uspto.gov account, sign in to Financial Manager using your uspto.gov account credentials.
NOTE: If you need access to an existing deposit account or EFT account, do not proceed any further. Contact your Administrator for access to the account.
STEP TWO: Store payment methods
On the My Payment Methods page, select the "Add a Payment Method" button and follow the instructions to add a new deposit account or EFT account or store your credit/debit card.
STEP THREE: Add users and assign user permissions (Administrators only)
On your stored payment method's Summary page, navigate to the Users tab and select the "Add Users to this Payment Method" button. You'll then be able to search for an individual using the email address they used to create their uspto.gov account. Once you've located the user, you can assign user permissions in a manner that best suits your organization's needs. Available permissions include:
- Administrator: Manage stored payment method administrative settings and permissions
- Funds Manager (deposit accounts and EFTs only): Add, withdraw, and transfer funds
- Fee Payer: Submit fee payments using a stored payment method
- Reporter: View and download reports and monthly statements
Each individual user must have their own uspto.gov account to be added to a stored payment method. Please review the Introduction to Financial Manager User Permissions to determine which user permissions you'd like to assign users within your organization.
Reference the Financial Manager Quick Start Guide for a more detailed walk through of this process. You can also download the Financial Manager User Guide and other topic specific resources on the Financial Manager and online payment resources.
If you need assistance, send an email to FeesHelp@USPTO.gov or call the USPTO Contact Center at 1-800-786-9199 (select option 3, then option 4).