The Rocky Mountain Regional Office in Denver serves the Rocky Mountain region, including Idaho, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, and Kansas.
The office provides outreach services for inventors, entrepreneurs, startups, researchers and others to:
- Obtain information about the USPTO through walk-in services.
- Search existing patents and trademarks on designated workstations.
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and roundtables designed for various experience levels.
- Use collaborative spaces enabling region educators, inventors, entrepreneurs, and IP community to collaborate while allowing USPTO to provide them with information and resources.
- Take public tours
- Use interview rooms for applicants to connect with working at USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia and across the country.
- Meet with our strategic Federal partners, like the Small Business Administration, Consumer Product Safety Commission, and other bureaus at the Department of Commerce, on programs for small businesses and the entrepreneurial community during scheduled office hours at our Denver location.
- Gain remote access to Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) proceedings at USPTO headquarters and other regional offices in the future. The office also has a hearing room to host PTAB proceedings.
NOTE: Almost all new patent applications or correspondence related to patent prosecution may be submitted using EFS-Web, the USPTO’s web-based patent application and document submission system. Learn about submitting patent applications or patent prosecution correspondence.
- Monday, October 17 - Wednesday October 19th - Boise Startup Week - Boise, ID
For more information about our events please click HERE.
Public searching on universal public workstations is available from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. MT Monday - Friday, except federal holidays.
Universal Public Workstations provide access to the agency’s public electronic patent and trademark collections. The public search room enables researchers to conduct self-directed searches. The Denver office has four public workstations with the same access requirements and print capabilities as public workstations in the Public Search Facility at USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
Customers who have limited experience in patent or trademark searching are strongly encouraged to first contact or pay a visit to the Denver Public Library. The library is a Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC) that offers beginner orientation on searching for patents and trademarks and is located about one mile from the Denver office at 10 West 14th Avenue, Denver, CO 80204.
The Denver office has a number of collaborative spaces within the USPTO space for the public to use. For example, the Collaboration Center is designed to enable Rocky Mountain region educators, inventors, entrepreneurs, and IP community to collaborate while allowing USPTO to provide them with appropriate information and resources. This space may be configured in different ways to conduct conferences equipped with a whiteboard wall, whiteboard easels, and two telephones. Please reserve spaces in advance.
Building Access Instructions
Proceed to the building Security Desk and present a valid photo ID. The building security guard will contact the USPTO guard desk to confirm access and/or arrange for you to be escorted by a USPTO employee. They will direct you to the left bank of elevators. Proceed to the 14th floor and upon exiting the elevators, you will see the USPTO guard desk. Once you arrive, USPTO guards will assist you in signing in for admittance.
Parking is not available in the Byron G. Rogers Federal Building for USPTO visitors. There nearby parking garages listed below and metered parking is also available on the side of the building.
- Ambassador Parking Management offers surface parking at the corner of 20th Street and Champa Street; telephone: (303) 972-4510
- Century Link Building offers garage parking at 1890 Stout Street telephone: (303) 292-6126
- 24-Hour Public Parking offers surface parking at the corner of 20th Street and Stout Street directly across from the Byron G. Rogers Federal Building; no monthly parking