1-800-786-9199 (press 1)
The Trademark Assistance Center (TAC) is the main support center for all customers, from first-time filers to legal professionals and experienced trademark applicants. We can answer your questions on a variety of trademark topics. Learn how to identify which of your creative ideas might be intellectual property assets and how to protect them by using the USPTO Intellectual Property (IP) Identifier. Please make sure you’re familiar with and abide by our Code of conduct when communicating with USPTO personnel.
Contact us for:
- General information about registering a trademark
- Trademark literature and publications
- Updates on the status of trademark applications and registrations
- Answers to case-specific questions about an application or registration
- Help navigating electronic forms and systems
- Help finding information on our website about the meaning of trademark terms and concepts, how to start the application process, application and registration timelines, and more.
We cannot give legal advice. This includes:
- Advising applicants on proper responses to USPTO office actions
- Conducting pre-filing searches for potentially conflicting trademarks
- Analyzing or pre-approving documents before filing
- Advising applicants on substantive examination issues, such as the acceptability of specimens and classification of goods and services.
Need legal advice? Consider hiring a U.S.-licensed attorney.
|Type of assistance||Hours and contact information|
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET
Toll free: 1-800-786-9199 (press 1)
Local: 571-272-9250 (press 0)
International: 1-571-272-9250 (press 0)
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET
Concourse level, Madison East Building
600 Dulany Street, Alexandria, VirginiaNo appointment necessary
We are closed on weekends and the following federal holidays:
New Year’s Day Memorial Day Columbus Day
Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday Independence Day Veterans Day
Washington's birthday Labor Day Thanksgiving Day