We update our IT systems and applications regularly to serve customers better. Here are the recent improvements and new features of the USPTO online systems.
For the latest information on operating status and availability of online systems, please visit the systems status page.
MyUSPTO release notes from August 26, 2017
The customize columns feature allows you to choose what data fields are displayed on the full screen view of your Patent or Trademark docket. Find it in the Full screen view of your docket.
Reminder to Trademark post-registration docket users: We are deactivating this widget and have eliminated the ability to create new collections and to add items to existing collections. Please move your collections to the Trademark docket.
Posted at 10:23AM Aug 28, 2017 in MyUSPTO |
MyUSPTO release notes from July 14, 2017
In this release, we introduced an optional extra layer of security for your USPTO.gov account. You can choose to sign-in with the extra security of two steps–the first with the email address and password as you always have, and the second with a special code that is sent separately via email.
There are other changes as well. We have updated the notification feature on the trademark docket. You now have the ability to select which notifications you would like to receive individual collection level. This allows you to receive only the emails for status changes on items of interest
Also, MyUSPTO will now notify you when a new Trademark Official Gazette was published. Turn on notifications in the Trademark Official Gazette widget.
Let us know what you think at MyUSPTO feedback forum on IdeaScale.
Posted at 06:00AM Jul 14, 2017 in MyUSPTO |
MyUSPTO release notes from May 25, 2017
You spoke and we listened. In this release, we removed the 20 item limit for collections for the TM docket widget. You can create as many collections as you need and add up to 1000 applications and registered trademarks per collection. And when adding items to your collection, in addition to serial and registration number, you now have the ability to search on applicant owner, mark literal or attorney name. Try it and out and let us know what you think.
Posted at 06:00AM May 25, 2017 in MyUSPTO |
MyUSPTO release notes from April 22, 2017
This April release introduces a new Trademark Docket which allows you to view both applications and registered trademarks in one convenient location. This docket was created in response to user feedback, highlighting the need for this single location.
Posted at 12:00AM Apr 22, 2017 in MyUSPTO |
Global Patent Search Network (GPSN) Decommissioned
In view of readily available alternate sources to access Chinese patent documents, the USPTO has decommissioned the Global Patent Search Network (GPSN) and users will no longer have access.
Instead, users may use public websites that are available to access Chinese patent documentation from the State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) of the People's Republic of China, such as:
- State Intellectual Property Office (SIPO) of the People's Republic of China. This site provides access to machine translation of Chinese patents. (http://english.sipo.gov.cn/)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) provides PATENTSCOPE® Search Service, which features a full-text search of published international patent applications and machine translations for some documents as well as a list of international patent databases. (https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/search.jsf)
- The European Patent Office provides Espacenet, which is an abstract search with CPC allocations of patent publications. (https://worldwide.espacenet.com/)
- Google Patents (https://patents.google.com/)
- Global Dossier, a set of business services aimed at modernizing the global patent system and delivering benefits to all stakeholders through a single portal/user interface.
Posted at 01:56PM Apr 12, 2017 in Uncategorized |
www.uspto.gov release notes from March 31, 2017
- New feature to show/hide sections of text on a page
- Improved print stylesheets
- Improved page refreshing
- Enhanced record-keeping abilities
- Various bug fixes
Posted at 05:00PM Mar 31, 2017 in www.uspto.gov |
MyUSPTO release notes from March 25, 2017
In this March release, based on user feedback, we added the docket number and customer number to the patent docket.
Posted at 06:00AM Mar 25, 2017 in MyUSPTO |
www.uspto.gov release notes from March 3, 2017
- New "speech" content type
- Updates to pre-existing pages to accommodate new "speech" content type
- Added automatic updating of videos within a page
- Added pagination for the video list page
- Improved image handling
- Enhancements to the USAjobs module
- Bug fixes related to mobile, photo gallery, and event module
Posted at 05:00PM Mar 03, 2017 in www.uspto.gov |
MyUSPTO release notes from February 24, 2017
In this February release, based on user feedback, we’ve made the user-provided docket number available in the Trademark dockets. The docket number will also be in the Trademark status change notification emails that go out to users who have opted-in to receive them.
Posted at 06:00AM Feb 24, 2017 in MyUSPTO |
MyUSPTO release notes from January 19, 2017
In this January release, we have enhanced our trademark dockets based on end-user feedback. Users will now be able to search and add multiple items at a time to their trademark dockets. Try it out and on our Ideascale page what you think.
Posted at 06:00AM Jan 19, 2017 in MyUSPTO |
MyUSPTO release notes from December 17, 2016
In this December release, we are introducing a new page header on the MyUSPTO home page that will allow users to quickly navigate to different systems to perform transactional tasks. This header will continue to evolve based on feedback.
Also in this December release are minor enhancements to the trademark dockets.
Posted at 03:34PM Dec 12, 2016 in MyUSPTO |
www.uspto.gov release notes from December 9, 2016
- New video module
- New video list page module
- New video embedding mechanism
- Improved storage method for Helpful/ Not Helpful feedback form data
- Improved Newsletter module footer options
- Improved styling of Acronym links on section landing pages
- Simplified process to upload multiple images or files
- Added a hover delay on the mega menu
- Added warning text when incorrect input provided on the Helpful/Not Helpful feedback form
- Added auto-closing to the exit confirmation pop-up box
- Added large search box option for homepage
- Fixed various bugs
Posted at 12:00AM Dec 12, 2016 in www.uspto.gov |
www.uspto.gov release notes from September 16, 2016
- Search feature enabling searches by keyword of all Inventor's Eye newsletter articles
- Module to display 5 most recent USPTO job postings from USA jobs on Jobs homepage
- FAQ improvements: faster return of search results, clearer helper text
- Updates to the exit confirmation icon and messages for o
- Approving multiple pages at once
- Improvements to helpful/not helpful feedback form, including requiring an email
Posted at 12:00AM Sep 19, 2016 in www.uspto.gov |
www.uspto.gov release notes from May 6, 2016
- Associated an unique hyperlink with each FAQ
- Matched mail and external link icons to the design in the pattern library (link is external)
- Fixed missing links in the megamenu navigation
- Added ability to flag upcoming events and display them on a section landing page
Posted at 12:00AM May 06, 2016 in www.uspto.gov |
www.uspto.gov release notes from March 25, 2016
- Updated homepage headings and fonts
- Add a count of feedback marked as unhelpful to the helpful/unhelpful feedback form
- Fixed URL embedding of videos from Youtube
- Change events listing display so all-day events show as "upcoming" until the event end time has passed
Posted at 12:00AM Mar 25, 2016 in www.uspto.gov |