Patent Trial and Appeal Board at the Rocky Mountain Regional Office
The Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) conducts trials, including inter partes, post-grant, and covered business method patent reviews and derivation proceedings; hears appeals from adverse examiner decisions in patent applications and reexamination proceedings; and renders decisions in interferences.
You are welcome to view live PTAB proceedings taking place at the Rocky Mountain Regional USPTO. Rocky Mountain Regional USPTO office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. MT Monday through Friday. See the link below for upcoming hearings.
If you are interested in viewing a hearing that is being held at another location, contact the Rocky Mountain Regional Office via email: Rockymountain@uspto.gov at least three days in advance, so that appropriate arrangements for audio-visual services can be made.
PTAB hearing schedule - RMRO PTAB hearing schedule - Main PTAB homepage
Hearing room protocol and decorum
The dignity of the hearing room is to be respected and maintained at all times.
- Attire for counsel and spectators should be restrained and appropriate to the dignity of a courtroom. For example, the following are unacceptable: jeans, sweat pants, shorts, sundresses, t-shirts, flip-flops, and sandals. Noncompliance with these requirements may be cause for denial of entry into the hearing room.
- When a hearing is in session, no one should be heard except for counsel making argument or a judge.
- No personal recording devices of any kind (audio or visual) will be permitted in the hearing room.
- All cell phones or pagers must be turned off.
- No food or drink is permitted in the hearing room.
- Repeated entrances to or departures from the hearing room are to be avoided.
- Improper hearing room behavior may result in removal from the hearing room or other sanctions.
PTAB hearings are accessible to individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, including captioning, sign language interpreting, or other, please email: RockyMountain@uspto.gov or call (303) 297-4600.
You are welcome to view live PTAB proceedings taking place at our office. If there is a hearing that you are interested in attending outside of working hours, please contact us.