Join us virtually on Tuesday, December 14, 2021 for a discussion on increasing diversity among intellectual property (IP) practitioners with Elaine Spector, the first female partner at Harrity & Harrity, James O. Wilson, the Assistant Regional Director of the USPTO's Elijah J. McCoy Midwest Regional Office, and special guests from the Foundation for the Advancement of Diversity in IP Law.
The panel discussion will address topics that include:
- Unconscious bias
- Diversity at the top
- Salary disparity
- Meritocracy and reality
- Vague and ineffective feedback
- Being labeled toxic for truthful and factual conduct
Register to join us for a lively and spirited discussion engaging those who share a passion for a more equitable future.
Contact information for our other four offices, as well as local start times for this event, are as follows:
- Eastern Regional Outreach Office: email EasternRegionalOutreachOffice@uspto.gov or call 571-272-2243. Event time: Noon ET.
- Texas Regional Office: email TXROevents@uspto.gov or call 469-295-9000. Event time: 11 a.m. CT.
- Rocky Mountain Regional Office: email RockyMountain@uspto.gov or call 303-297-4600. Event time: 10 a.m. MT.
- Silicon Valley Regional Office: email SiliconValley@uspto.gov or call 408-918-9900. Event time: 9 a.m. PT.