The Texas Regional Office in Dallas serves Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Texas.
- Obtain information about the USPTO through walk-in services.
- Search existing patents and trademarks on designated workstations.
- Attend workshops, trainings, conferences and roundtables designed for various experience levels.
- Participate in programs designed to support and foster STEM education with an emphasis on innovative learning.
- Deliver technical training from experts in the region to patent examiners working around the country.
- Use collaborative spaces enabling region educators, inventors, entrepreneurs, and IP community to collaborate while allowing USPTO to provide them with information and resources.
- Meet with our strategic Federal partners, like the Small Business Administration, Consumer Product Safety Commission, and other bureaus at the Department of Commerce, on programs for small businesses and the entrepreneurial community during scheduled office hours at our Texas location.
- Use interview rooms for applicants to connect with patent examiners working at USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia and across the country.
- Gain remote access to Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) proceedings at USPTO headquarters and other regional offices in the future. The office also has a hearing room to host PTAB proceedings.
- Tour our facility. We host scheduled public tours the second Friday of every month from 10:00-11:00 a.m., excluding federal holidays. To schedule a tour, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469-295-9000.
NOTE: Almost all new patent applications or correspondence related to patent prosecution may be submitted using EFS-Web, the USPTO’s web-based patent application and document submission system. Learn about submitting patent applications or patent prosecution correspondence.
Our office is located in the Terminal Annex Federal Building, a federal facility, therefore visitors will need a valid form of government-issued identification and undergo a security screening to gain access.
USPTO Texas Regional Office
207 South Houston St., Suite 159
Dallas, Texas 75202
Business hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT. Closed on federal holidays.
Public searching on universal public workstations is available from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. CT Monday - Friday, except federal holidays.
Universal Public Workstations provide access to the agency’s public electronic patent and trademark collections. The public search room enables researchers to conduct self-directed searches. The Texas Regional Office has eight public workstations with the same access requirements and print capabilities as public workstations in the Public Search Facility at USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia.
The Patent and Trademark Resource Centers (PTRCs) located in various public and university libraries offer beginner orientation on searching for patents and trademarks. The Dallas Public Library is a PTRC and is located about one mile from the Texas Regional Office at 1515 Young Street, Dallas, TX 75201.
The Texas office has a number of collaborative spaces within the USPTO space for the public to use. For example, the Outreach Room is designed to enable Texas region educators, inventors, entrepreneurs, and IP community to collaborate while allowing USPTO to provide them with appropriate information and resources. Please reserve spaces in advance by contacting the office, see above.
Parking is not available in the Terminal Annex Federal Building for USPTO visitors. There are several parking garages (few listed below) nearby and limited metered parking is available on South Houston Street in front of the building.
- Ace Parking – H Lot at 525 S. Houston Street; telephone: (214) 748-5535
- Ace Parking – Union Station at 300 Reunion Boulevard; telephone: (214) 761-6400
- Star Parking at 501 N. Houston Street; telephone: (214) 871-2283
- LAZ Parking at 1015 Elm Street; telephone: (214) 747-7675
Thursday, June 1, 2017
Meet the Patent Experts (in Spanish)
Texas Regional Office
The USPTO Texas Regional Office (TXRO) is hosting a Meet the Patent Experts in Spanish. This is part of our ongoing outreach to independent inventors, entrepreneurs, and small businesses.
Friday, June 16, 2017
International Trademark Association Roundtable
What does “Social Media” mean to you and to your organization? Come to the TMA Roundtable to discuss policy and legal considerations concerning the Untamed World of Social Media.
Thursday, June 22, 2017
SBOT and DBA IP Sections PTO Day
Texas Regional Office
The Women in IP Law Committee and the New Lawyers Committees bring you PTO Day featuring a networking lunch followed by an opportunity for tours of the Texas Regional Office (TXRO) and rotating breakout sessions.
For any questions about upcoming events, please send e-mail to email@example.com or call (469) 295-9000.
The goal is to have 100 examiners and 20 administrative patent judges, as well as several support staff, on site in Dallas by the end of the first year of operation. We will continue to benefit from hiring local talent for both examiners and Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) judges within the intellectual property and technical fields.
If you are interested in working for the USPTO please visit www.usajobs.gov.