The Pre-Grant and Patent Grant Authority Files contain listings of all US published application publications ("Pre-Grant") and other published or granted patent documents ("Patent Grant") found in USPTO Patent Image databases and list the following fields, where applicable:
An indication of missing and withdrawn
- Pre-Grant publications are Patent Application Publications and Plant Patent Application Publications published beginning March 15, 2001.
- Pre-Grant Authority file contains only Pre-Grant publications
- Patent Grant Authority file contains all published USPTO patent documents, except for Pre-Grant Publications
- Authority Files are normally updated on a monthly basis
The Authority Files are the lists of valid US patent document numbers that are contained in our Patent Image databases.
The following additional files are also provided:
- Detailed file layout information
- Listing of documents found on the Patent Grant Authority File which are indicated as being withdrawn, but for which the withdrawn status is questioned
- Listing of documents found on the Patent Grant Authority File which are not indicated as being withdrawn, but which may actually be withdrawn from issue
The two lists related to withdrawn granted patent documents are currently under study by the USPTO. Additional information and updates will be provided, as they become available.
Click here to download the zipped Pre-Grant Authority Files (last updated July 26, 2020)
Click here to download the zipped Patent Grant Authority Files (last updated July 25, 2020)
Certificate of Correction File (last updated July 31, 2020)
Reexamination Certificates File (last updated July 31, 2020)
Some contents linked to on this page require a plug-in for ZIP File.