Important update: The deadlines related to authentication change and migration for EFS-Web and Private PAIR are being extended due to technical issues. We will announce the new deadlines when they are determined. Until then, you can still authenticate using either USPTO.gov accounts or PKI certificates.
- About EFS-Web - File as a Registered or Unregistered eFiler, view EFS-Web Announcements, and find useful EFS-Web Resources.
- EFS-Web for Registered eFilers - Enhanced filing, follow-on processing, saved submissions and more.
- EFS-Web for Unregistered eFilers - Basic initial filing of new patent applications. Note: Unregistered eFilers are not permitted to file follow-on submissions/fees in EFS-Web. eFilers are advised to pay fees online as part of the initial application submission or use an alternative filing method to pay fees on the same day to avoid a late surcharge.
Patent Application Initiatives
- Prioritized Examination - Read information about filing a Prioritized Examination including FAQs, quick start guides, and other useful resources.
- Accelerated Examination - Read detailed information about filing an Accelerated Examination including FAQs, guidelines, sample documentation, and other useful resources.
- First Action Interview (FAI) - Read information about the eligibility of the program.
- Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) - Find fast track examination information including request forms for each of the PPH programs.
- Priority Document Exchange (PDX) - Program for direct electronic priority document exchange with participating foreign intellectual property offices (EPO, JPO, KIPO, and WIPO).
- Additional patent application initiatives
Full technical support for EFS-Web is available through the Patent Electronic Business Center (EBC) at 866-217-9197 (toll-free) or 571-272-4100 from 6 a.m. to 12 Midnight Eastern Time, Monday - Friday.