Unfamiliar with patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets? Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from USPTO experts about intellectual property (IP) basics and potential ways to protect your innovation as you transition from idea to product.
The Midwest Regional USPTO offers this session for aspiring entrepreneurs, innovators, and students the first Thursday of each month. Space is limited, so register early.
The discussion will cover:
- An overview of intellectual property types: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- Why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider protecting their IP
- Local resources and assistance available through the USPTO and other agencies
The Midwest Regional USPTO is offering this event for nationwide participation starting at noon ET. For more information, email MidwestRegion@uspto.gov or call 313-446-4800.
Contact information for our other four regional offices, as well a local start times for this event, are as follows:
- Eastern Regional USPTO: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 571-272-2243. Event time: Noon ET
- Rocky Mountain Regional USPTO: Email email@example.com or call 303-297-4600. Event time: 10 a.m. MT
- Silicon Valley Regional USPTO: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408- 918-9900. Event time: 9 a.m. PT
- Texas Regional USPTO: Email TXROevents@uspto.gov or call at 469-295-9000. Event time: 11 a.m. CT