- Types of patent applications that you may file, including search tips prior to filing, requirements for claims and drawings, filing requirements and how to file electronically with our Electronic Filing System (EFS).
- Overview of the patent examination process.
- Trademark basics and fundamentals.
- Highlights of trademark-specific resources and tools.
- Summary of requirements for application filing and demonstration of how to file on-line using our Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS).
- Responding to trademark Office action from examining attorney and appeal process.
The USPTO's annual Invention-Con is a chance for independent inventors, entrepreneurs, small business owners, and intellectual property (IP) professionals to learn from top government and private sector experts. This year’s theme was “Your IP: A power tool for building success.” Participants took the opportunity to:
- Learn from accomplished innovators, inventors, entrepreneurs, and business owners how to use IP to achieve success
- Learn about resources available to assist innovators
- Receive valuable information to assist with developing an IP strategy
- Learn about IP networks