Unfamiliar with patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets? Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from USPTO experts about intellectual property (IP) basics and potential ways to protect your innovation as you transition from idea to product.
The USPTO's Midwest Regional Office offers this session for aspiring entrepreneurs, innovators, and students the first Thursday of each month.
The discussion will cover:
- An overview of intellectual property types: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- Why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider protecting their IP
- Local resources and assistance available through the USPTO and other agencies
The USPTO's Midwest Regional Office is offering this event for nationwide participation starting at noon ET. For more information, email MidwestRegion@uspto.gov or call 313-446-4800.
Contact information for our other four regional offices, as well as local start times for this event, are as follows:
- Eastern Regional Office: email EasternRegionalOutreachOffice@uspto.gov or call 571-272-2243. Event time: Noon ET.
- Rocky Mountain Regional Office: email RockyMountain@uspto.gov or call 303-297-4600. Event time: 10 a.m. MT.
- Silicon Valley Regional Office: email SiliconValley@uspto.gov or call 408-918-9900. Event time: 9 a.m. PT.
- Texas Regional Office: email TXROevents@uspto.gov or call 469-295-9000. Event time: 11 a.m. CT.