Join the United States Patent and Trademark Office's (USPTO) regional offices for this 2nd annual Design Webinar Series, featuring individuals from industry, attorneys, and USPTO examiners. The series will highlight the role of design patents for a variety of industries in each region and take a deeper dive into design patent strategy than the previous year's series.
Register now to join the fourth session, focused on the fashion frontier and hosted by the USPTO's Eastern Regional Outreach Office, during which panelists will discuss:
- Benefits that design patents bring to an intellectual property portfolio in terms of maximizing value and success in enforcement
- Design patent strategy, including how to effectively leverage design patents within the nuances of different industries in a quickly evolving legal landscape
- The use and value of design patents through industry-specific stories
Elizabeth Dougherty, the regional director of the USPTO Eastern Regional Outreach Office, will provide opening remarks for the following panelists:
- Sarah Burstein, Professor of Law; Academic Co-Director, Suffolk Law IP Center
- Darrell Mottley, Attorney, Banner Witcoff
- Richard Stockton, Attorney, Banner Witcoff
- Tom Turner, Patent and Trademark Resource Center (PTRC) Librarian, USPTO
- Garth Rademaker, Supervisory Patent Examiner, USPTO
- Mike Stout, Supervisory Patent Examiner, USPTO
Contact the Eastern Regional Outreach Office at EasternRegionalOutreachOffice@uspto.gov or 571-270-7100 with any registration questions or to request a reasonable accommodation.
Following this session, the final event in this series will be presented by the Rocky Mountain Regional Office on August 10 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. MT. Please check the event series page for any updates.
Contact information for participating offices and local start times for this event are as follows:
Silicon Valley Regional Office: email SiliconValley@uspto.gov or call 408-918-9900.
Start time: 10 a.m. PT
Rocky Mountain Regional Office: email RockyMountain@uspto.gov or call 303-297-4600.
Start time: 11 a.m. MT
Texas Regional Office: email TexasRegionalOffice@uspto.gov or call 469-295-9000.
Start time: Noon CT
Midwest Regional Office: email MidwestRegion@uspto.gov or call 313-446-4800.
Start time: 1 p.m. ET
Eastern Regional Outreach Office: email EasternRegionalOutreachOffice@uspto.gov or call 571-272-7100.
Start time: 1 p.m. ET
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information above.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.