- Patent Center is the next generation tool for electronic filing and management of patent applications, which features a single unified interface, incorporates Public PAIR functionality and will be replacing EFS-Web and Private PAIR. Patent Center is available for all users. Patent Center features a training mode, which is a simulator to practice filing in DOCX format. Visit the Patent Center Information page for more information.
- Open Patent Center
- About EFS-Web - Find resources to get started and learn more about EFS-Web, announcements, and other useful information.
- EFS-Web for Registered eFilers - Enhanced filing, follow-on processing, saved submissions and more.
- EFS-Web for Unregistered eFilers - Basic initial filing of new patent applications. Note: Unregistered eFilers are not permitted to file follow-on submissions/fees in EFS-Web. eFilers are advised to pay fees online as part of the initial application submission or use an alternative filing method to pay fees on the same day to avoid a late surcharge.
Patent Application Initiatives
- Prioritized Examination - Read information about filing a Prioritized Examination including FAQs, quick start guides, and other useful resources.
- Accelerated Examination - Read detailed information about filing an Accelerated Examination including FAQs, guidelines, sample documentation, and other useful resources.
- Patent Prosecution Highway (PPH) - Find fast track examination information including request forms for each of the PPH programs.
- Priority Document Exchange (PDX) - Program for direct electronic priority document exchange with participating foreign intellectual property offices (EPO, JPO, KIPO, and WIPO).
- Additional patent application initiatives
Full technical support for EFS-Web is available through the Patent Electronic Business Center (EBC) at 866-217-9197 (toll-free) or 571-272-4100 from 6 a.m. to 12 Midnight Eastern Time, Monday - Friday.