Maintenance Affecting Multiple Systems
The USPTO will perform systems maintenance beginning at 12:01 a.m., Friday, July 10 and ending at 4 a.m., Friday, July 10 ET. The following systems will be unavailable during this maintenance period:
- my.uspto.gov website
- Certified Copy Center (CCC)
- Electronic Filing System (EFS-Web) for Registered eFilers
- Patent Application Information Retrieval (Private PAIR)
- Patent Practitioner Support Sponsorship Tool
- Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS)
- Trademark Electronic Application System International (TEASi)
- Trademark Next Generation ID Manual (TMNG-IDM)
- Trademark Next Generation Official Gazette (TMOG)
- Trademark Status and Document Retrieval (TSDR)
The maintenance will cause an outage to Financial Manager, Patent Maintenance Fee Storefront, the USPTO.gov login (authentication) system, and an interruption to payment processing for all USPTO storefronts.
Users of the following systems should not attempt to make a payment during the maintenance period:
- Electronic Filing System (EFS-Web) for Unregistered eFilers and EFS-Web Contingency
- Electronic System for Trademark Trials and Appeals (ESTTA)
- Electronic Trademark Assignment Search (ETAS)
- Patent Maintenance Fee Storefront
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board End to End (PTAB E2E)
During the maintenance period, if you need to file a new patent application, you can use EFS-Web for unregistered eFilers or EFS-Web Contingency. If you need to file a follow-on submission or pay fees, use an alternative filing method.
If you have questions, please contact the Patent Electronic Business Center (EBC) at 1-866-217-9197, Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. - midnight ET, or email .
If your deadline is today for the petition filing and/or other associated documents to a pending AIA case and you cannot file electronically via the Patent Trial and Appeal Board End-to-End System (PTAB-E2E), you may use an alternative filing method. Please visit the PTAB-E2E FAQ Page and see A2 for information concerning your AIA petition filing and/or document filing using PTAB-E2E alternative filing methods.
If you have any questions, contact PTAB during normal business hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET by telephone at 571-272-7822 or email at.
If your deadline is today and the document requiring a fee payment cannot be filed electronically, you must use an alternative filing method. Please visit the Trademark Outage Page for information concerning Trademark alternative filing methods. If you have any questions, contact the TEAS Team by email .
If your deadline is today and the document cannot be filed electronically, you must use an alternative filing method. Please visit the TTAB Outage Page for information concerning Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) alternative filing methods.
If you have any questions, contact the TTAB Assistance Center during normal business hours between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except federal holidays by telephone at 571-272-8500 or email .
TEAS and TEASi System Maintenance
The USPTO will perform maintenance on the Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS) and Trademark Electronic Application System International (TEASi) beginning at 8 a.m., Saturday, July 11 until 2 p.m., Saturday, July 11 ET. Read the release highlights on our TEAS and TEASi Maintenance and Enhancement page.
During the maintenance period, TEAS and TEASi will be unavailable. File all saved forms and e-signature forms by 7:58 a.m. on Saturday, July 11 ET.
If you don’t file these forms by that time, you will have to start the process again with the new forms. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Maintenance Impacting Manuals (eMPEP, TMEP, TFSR, and TBMP)
The USPTO will perform maintenance impacting several manuals beginning at 12:01 a.m., Saturday, July 11 and ending at 5:30 a.m., Saturday, July 11 ET.
During the maintenance period the following manuals will be unavailable:
- Manual of Patent Examining Procedure (eMPEP)
- Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure (TMEP)
- Trademark Federal Statutes and Rules (TFSR)
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Manual of Procedure (TBMP)
Users should save notes in eMPEP, TMEP, TFSR, and TBMP prior to the maintenance period.
Posted at 07:39AM Jul 06, 2020 in Planned Events |