The SBIR Road Tour is a national outreach effort to convey the non-dilutive technology funding opportunity provided through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. The SBIR/STTR programs annually provide $2.5 billion in funding to small advanced technology firms to spur new technological discoveries and facilitate the commercialization of innovations. Together they represent America's Largest Seed Fund.
SMALL TECHNOLOGY FIRMS AND INNOVATORS, AMERICA'S LARGEST SEED FUND IS COMING TO HUNTSVILLE, ALABAMA! Hosted by Alabama A&M University in partnership with Alabama Economic Development Partnership, Birmingham.
If you’re an innovator, entrepreneur, researcher, or small technology firm, take advantage of this coveted local opportunity to hear directly from federal agency program managers, and meet one-on-one with program decision makers.
Paid attendees are welcome to Networking Reception being held April 16, 2018 from 5 PM - 7 PM (Note: Held evening before the April 17th event)
Agenda Highlights Include:
- Learn how to access local and state resources available to innovators, researchers, and technology entrepreneurs
- SBIR Agencies Funding Priorities Overviews
Meet One-on-One with SBIR/STTR Program Managers, including:
- DARPA, Defense Advanced Research Agency
- MDA, Department of Defense Missile Defense Agency
- Navy, Department of Defense
- SOCOM, Department of Defense Special Operations Command
- USAF, Department of Defense U.S. Air Force
- NIH, Department of Health and Human Services National Institutes of Health
- FLC, Federal Laboratory Consortium
- NSF, National Science Foundation
- MBDA, Minority Business Development Agency
- USDA, Department of Agriculture
- USPTO, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Engaging Panel Sessions:
- Inside the Head of an Evaluator: Common Mistakes
- Grant Opportunities for a Public Purpose
- Staying On Track: Aligning Your Company for Success in the DoD
Texas Regional Office representatives will present on USPTO resources and engage in one-on-one sessions.
To register for SBIR Road Tour: Huntsville, please follow here.
For inquiries about TXRO's participation in the event:
please email TXROevents@uspto.gov(link sends e-mail), visit us at the Texas Regional Office home page, or call us at 469-295-9000.