The 2021 National Patent Application Drafting Competition is now underway, the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) invites your school to participate. The competition introduces law students to issues arising in U.S. patent law and develops their patent application drafting, amending, and prosecution skills.
Claim drafting is perhaps the most critical part of protecting your invention. Learn the basics of claim drafting through an interactive workshop. This session will better prepare you for the 2021 National Patent Application Drafting Competition. Space is limited, so learn more and register for this free event.
The November 14 session will be offered virtually via WebEx to those registered for the event. Please register by November 13.
Attendees will learn about the importance of drafting claims to the success of a patent application and will develop a better appreciation of how a patent examiner views a claim during an examination. Participants should have an intermediate knowledge of the intellectual property system, and patents specifically. It is recommended that attendees complete the previous sessions, “Patent Searching.”
For accessibility requests, please email email@example.com or call 571-272-2243. Contact information for participating regional offices, as well as local start times for this event, is as follows:
- Silicon Valley Regional USPTO: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-918-9900. Event time: 10 a.m. PT.
- Rocky Mountain Regional USPTO: Email email@example.com or call 303-297-4600. Event time: 11 a.m. MT.
- Texas Regional USPTO: Email TXROevents@uspto.gov or call 469-295-9000. Event time: 12 p.m. CT.
- Eastern Regional USPTO: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 571-272-2243. Event time: 1 p.m. ET.
- Midwest Regional USPTO: Email MidwestRegion@uspto.gov or call 313-446-4800. Event time: 1 p.m. ET.