Are you interested in learning about intellectual property (IP) basics? In part one of this eight-part recurring series, United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) experts will:
- Provide a brief overview of the different types of IP (patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights)
- Review the patenting process from invention, to application, to issue
- Cover the requirements for patentability
- Explain how to determine whether a provisional or nonprovisional application is right for you
- Discuss how to weigh the costs and benefits of hiring a patent attorney
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.