The video recording of this expired event is posted above. Also available is a PDF of the presentation slides.
As part of our ongoing efforts to protect the integrity of the U.S. trademark register, all trademark filers will need to verify their identity with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) starting in early 2022. There are several verification options, including a secure electronic process provided by ID.me. Whether you're a seasoned trademark practitioner or small business owner, this special webinar on December 14, from 3-4:30 p.m. ET, provides you an overview of identity verification and its specific requirements and details, including:
- Selecting a filing role
- Electronic verification using ID.me
- Notarized paper form verification
- Attorney sponsorship for support staff
- Grace period and electronic signatures
This webinar is intended for a general audience. Trademark filers of all experience levels are encouraged to watch.
This webinar does not qualify for continuing legal education (CLE) credit.
- Greg Dodson, Deputy Commissioner for Trademark Administration
- Matthew Schwab, Staff Attorney, Electronic Filing and Public Web Services
For any questions about this webinar, please contact TMFeedback@uspto.gov.