If you are a small business owner or entrepreneur and want to learn how to protect your intellectual property (IP) in Mexico, join experts from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and attorneys from the Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI) for this interactive session. You will learn the best approach for protecting and enforcing your patents in this market, whether you are new to or currently selling in the Mexican market.
This session will cover the following topics:
- Applying for patent protection in Mexico
- Understanding the grace period for inventors to file their patents in Mexico
- The process of accelerating the prosecution of your patent
- Why it is important to use your patent once it is granted
The session will feature the following speakers:
- Stephen Koziol, Acting Regional Director, USPTO Silicon Valley Regional Office
- Cynthia Henderson, IP Counselor for Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean, USPTO
- Elias Rios, Attorney, AMPPI
- Sofya Khagba, Attorney, AMPPI
- Alma Álvarez, Attorney, AMPPI
The Mexico IP series is free and open to the public. Attendees may register for any parts of this five-part series using the registration link above.
This event is organized in collaboration with our regional offices and the IP Counselor’s Office in Mexico City. If you have questions or want more information about this event, contact the Silicon Valley Regional Office at SiliconValley@uspto.gov or call 408-918-9900.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.