Requirement for U.S.-licensed attorney

A change in federal trademark regulations requires foreign-domiciled trademark applicants, registrants, and parties to Trademark Trial and Appeal Board proceedings to hire a U.S.-licensed attorney to represent them at the USPTO.


Read more about how this requirement to hire a U.S.-licensed attorney affects you.

Index of All TEAS Forms

See below for a listing of all forms within a specific category. To select a form, click on the form name. To select an Assignment or Trademark Trial and Appeal Board form, return to the main page and click on the form name from within the appropriate category.

Initial Application Form

Response Forms

Intent-to-Use (ITU) Forms

Post-Approval/Publication/Post-Notice of Allowance (NOA) Amendment Forms

Correspondence and Attorney/Domestic Representative Forms

Petition Forms

Miscellaneous Forms

Registration Maintenance/Renewal Forms

Assignment Forms

  • Assignments
  • Change of name
  • Other conveyances of title

You can file your assignment online through the Electronic Trademark Assignment System (ETAS) at


Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Forms

  • Request for Extension of Time to File an Opposition
  • File a New Proceeding (Notice of Opposition; Petition for Cancellation; Appeal of Refusal to Register)
  • File Documents in an Existing Board Proceeding

You can file your TTAB submissions online through the Electronic System for Trademark Trial and Appeals (ESTTA) at


Madrid Protocol Forms