The TSDR API will be unavailable starting May 7 at 12 a.m. ET for at least two weeks. Bulk data customers who rely on the TSDR API can use alternative methods listed below to receive bulk data from TSDR.
Trademark bulk data
You may download bulk data from the Trademark Status and Document Retrieval (TSDR) system using the following alternative methods:
Note: The Trademark Application Images (Jan. 2009 to present) are a viable alternative to data in TSDR, which are updated daily Monday through Friday.
Trademark Status and Document Retrieval API
The TSDR API is currently unavailable. Refer to the USPTO Systems Status and Availability page for the latest information on operating status and availability.
Customers can make programmatic requests for trademark case status, documents, and images from our systems through a web application programming interface (API).
An API is a set of routines, protocols, and tools for building software and applications. A good API makes it easier to develop a program by providing all the building blocks, which are then put together by the programmer.
Access through this API allows a customer’s own computer program to perform automated web queries via open web URLs. This allows safe, direct, and metered access so customers who own automated programs designed to consume official USPTO data. This also reduces service interruptions to USPTO systems others use to access the data.
If you have questions about the TSDR API, please email email@example.com.
Some example uses include
- Status for serial number 78787878 as a pdf
- Status for serial number 78787878 as a zip that includes XML and CSS files
- All documents for Serial Number 72131351 as a PDF
- All documents for Reference Number Z1231384 as a PDF
- All documents for Registration Number 3,500,030 as a PDF
- Documents sent/received on Nov 30th, 2003 for Serial Number 72-131351 as a PDF
- All specimens for Serial Numbers 72131351 and 76515878 as a single PDF
- The mark drawing for Serial Number 87123456:
- The mark drawings for Serial Numbers 87123456 and 87123457:
- Metadata (in XML) about all documents for Serial Number 75008897 sent/received during 2006
- Metadata (in XML) about all documents for International Registration Number 0835690 sorted from earliest to latest
- NOTE: The API ending with "date:A" is currently inoperable, please use the API ending with "sortBy=scanDate", e.g., http://tmng-al.uspto.gov/resting2/api/casedocs/bundle.xml?sn=79006201&s…
- The ascending order is the default behavior, but you can also specify it like:
- The descending order can be requested by appending:&sortOrder=desc to the previous request like:
- The Registration Certificate for Registration Number 3,500,038 as a PDF
- The Registration Certificates for Registration Numbers 3,500,038 and 3,500,039 as a ZIP of their original TIFF images
Open data portal
We also host an open data portal where you can explore additional data products.