Join Kathi Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), for a listening session to hear from experts in the Dallas region.
Topics of discussion:
- Subject matter eligibility/101
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB): Director review and Fintiv
- Inclusive innovation
- SEP/FRAND (standards-essential patents/fair, reasonable, and non-discriminatory licensing of SEPs)
- Trademark Modernization Act
- Ms. Abha Divine, Founder & Managing Director, Techquity Capital Management (virtual)
- Ms. Juliette Fassett, CEO, Happy Products, Inc. (virtual)
- Dr. Simon Mak, Executive Director, Caruth Institute for Entrepreneurship and Professor of Practice in Entrepreneurship, Southern Methodist University Cox School of Business
- Prof. David Taylor, Professor of Law, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and Director, Tsai Center for Law, Science and Innovation
- Mr. Steven Tudor, Research Commercial Agreements - Director of Licensing, University of North Texas
- Prof. Saurabh Vishnubhakat, Professor of Law, Texas A&M University School of Law
“I look forward to learning from current and aspiring innovators across all regions and demographics to better understand the variety of perspectives on issues that affect them," said Director Vidal. "We are committed to working hand-in-hand with the innovation community and other government agencies to help bring innovation to impact for the betterment of society. Let this be the start of a constructive dialogue to foster an intellectual property system that works for all.”
For any questions during the event, please email email@example.com.
Please note that the Texas Regional Office USPTO is a federal facility. Attendees are required to present a valid form of government-issued identification (driver license or passport) and may be subject to screening to gain access.