The USPTO joins with the Congressional Trademark Caucus, the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), the International Trademark Association (INTA), and the Global Intellectual Property Center of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to celebrate World IP Day 2017, using this year’s theme of “Innovation: Improving Lives.”
The celebratory and educational program will include a panel discussion on intellectual property featuring:
- John Sandage, deputy director general, patent and technology sector, WIPO
- Joseph Ferretti, vice president and chief counsel, Global Trademarks, PepsiCo, Inc., and INTA president
- A representative from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Global IP Center
- Mark L. Whitaker, president, AIPLA
The panel discussion will be followed by presentations from two featured speakers:
- Mario Bollini, cofounder and chief technology officer of Global Research Innovation and Technology, Inc. (GRIT) — a winner of the USPTO’s 2015 Patents for Humanity award — and featuring the GRIT Freedom Chair,
- Tobie Hatfield, senior director of athlete innovations and explorations at Nike, Inc., and featuring Nike’s FlyEase technology, a product designed for athletes of all abilities and ages.
The program will also include remarks by invited members of Congress, and will conclude with a showcase of exhibits from Nike, GRIT, the USPTO, WIPO, AIPLA, INTA, and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
Registration is free and the event is open to the public. Please register here.