- Here's a quick way to view all current job openings at the USPTO.
- Here's a user-friendly resource to help guide you through the application process.
We hire veterans
At the USPTO, veteran employees have a proven track record of success after transitioning from the military into Federal Service. Our veterans contribute to its mission in the areas of science and engineering, information technology, contracts, procurement, finance, administration, project and program management, and customer support. We are strongly committed to hiring our nation’s veterans and has been ranked among the top employers of choice for veterans.
For consideration, you must meet the following criteria:
- If you served on active duty in the United States military and were separated under honorable conditions, you may be eligible for veteran's preference. To receive preference if your service began after October 15, 1976, you must have a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, or a service-connected disability. For further details about Federal employment and veteran’s preferences, view OPM’s veteran program offices website.
- Veteran's preference is not a factor for Senior Executive Service jobs or when competition is limited to status candidates (current or former Federal career or career-conditional employees).
- To claim 5-point veteran's preference, attach a copy of your DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof of eligibility.
- To claim 10 point veteran's preference, attach an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference, plus the proof required by that form.
Find out more about our veterans hiring program. For questions, contact Hirevets@uspto.gov.
We recruit and hire people with disabilities
USPTO depends on thousands of talented and highly skilled individuals to help us protect intellectual property and promote innovation in the United States. Disabled individuals are an important talent pool to help further our goals.
We are committed to using special hiring authorities, including Schedule A, to recruit individuals with disabilities.
Find out more about our disability hiring program.