Start by determining if your organization is in Vendor Portal:
- Log in to SAM.gov or create an account to search for your vendor POC.
- Then, filter by the Entity; insert your vendor's Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) number for a more accurate search.
- Once you’ve located your vendor, click on the Points of Contact (POC) and confirm the Electronic Business POC or Alternate Electronic Business POC for your organization.
Obtaining your Vendor’s UEI number
- Once you’re logged into SAM.gov, the system will navigate you to your Workspace. On the “Entity Management” widget, select the “Get Started” button.
- On the next page, enter information about your entity. All fields are required, unless marked as optional.
On the next page, validate that the information provided is correct. If the information provided does not match your Dun & Bradstreet record exactly, you will not be able to proceed. For assistance updating your Dun & Bradstreet record, please contact Dun & Bradstreet.
Deselect the checkbox near the bottom of the page if you want to restrict the public viewing of your entity information in SAM.gov. If you deselect the checkbox, only you and federal government users will be able to view your Unique Entity ID (SAM) record. Other entities and users of SAM.gov will not be able to view your Unique Entity ID (SAM) record. Then, select “Next.”
- On the next page, your entity is validated. You will be asked to certify that you are authorized to conduct transactions on behalf of your entity. Select the checkbox to certify, then select the “Request Unique Entity ID” button.
Disclaimer: SAM.gov account registration is separate and not affiliated with the registration of a Vendor Portal account with USPTO.
- If your organization is in Vendor Portal and has an established admin account, please ask your POC to add you as a user to the account.
- If your organization is not in Vendor Portal, please coordinate with your organization’s SAM.gov Electronic Business POC to email VendorPortalRegistration@uspto.gov to register for a Vendor Portal admin account.
- The SAM.gov Electronic Business POC (or Electronic Business Alternate POC) should include the following information in the email:
- Subject: Vendor Portal account request for ‘Organization Name’
e.g. Vendor Portal account request for Acme Corp.
- Body: As an established Electronic Business POC for ‘Organization Name’, ‘DUNS #’, I would like to request a Vendor Portal account on behalf of my organization to submit invoice for ‘Award.’
e.g. As an established Electronic Business POC for Acme Corp., DUNS 55512345, I would like to request a Vendor Portal account on behalf of my organization to submit invoice for 1333BJ19F00152001.
- Once the Vendor Portal help desk can validate the registration, an email will invite the requesting Electronic Business POC to set up an account. After the Electronic Business POC has established the account, they can create additional user accounts, including admin accounts for your organization. The Vendor Portal user guide provides detailed steps for adding user accounts.
- The USPTO will only process account registration requests coming from individuals listed in SAM.gov as an organization’s Electronic Business POC or Alternate Electronic Business POC.