About Vendor Portal
Vendor Portal is the USPTO’s secure online tool to manage your invoice and deliverable submission. With Vendor Portal, users can:
- Submit invoices and deliverables electronically, including contractor actuals
- Assign user permissions to give different levels of access for each user in your organization
- Check update to date payment status of your invoices
- View contract information
I’m new to Vendor Portal, how should I get started?
Start by determining if your organization is in Vendor Portal.
- If your organization is in Vendor Portal and has an established admin account, please contact your POC to add you as a user to the account. If you are unsure who the established admin is for your organization, a good place to start is to reach out to your Electronic Business POC maintained in SAM.gov.
- If your organization is not in Vendor Portal, please coordinate to have an Electronic Business POC established in SAM.gov for your organization email the VendorPortalRegistration@uspto.gov to register for an admin account.
- The Electronic Business POC (Electronic Business POC or Electronic Business Alternate POC in SAM.gov) will need to include the following details in the Subject and Body of the email:
- Subject: Vendor Portal account request for ‘Organization Name’
i.e. Vendor Portal account request for Acme Corp.
- Body: As an established Electronic Business POC for ‘Organization Name’, ‘DUNS #’, I would like to request a Vendor Portal account on behalf of my organization.
i.e. As an established Electronic Business POC for Acme Corp., DUNS 55512345, I would like to request a Vendor Portal account on behalf of my organization.
- Once the Vendor Portal help desk is able to validate the registration, an account will be administered to the requesting Electronic Business POC via an email invite. Once the Electronic Business POC has established their account, they may create additional user accounts, including admin accounts for your organization. Detailed steps to add a user account can be found in the Vendor Portal user guide.
Reference the Vendor Portal User Guide for detailed instructions on how to navigate and utilize Vendor Portal. You can also visit our Vendor Portal FAQ page to review answers to common questions.
For general questions or technical assistance with Vendor Portal, please email VendorPortalHelp@uspto.gov or call the help desk at 1-800-362-7861.