Start by determining if your organization is in Vendor Portal.
- Log in to SAM.gov or create an account to search for your vendor POC.
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to the Search tab and select Domain as Entity Registrations.
- Then, filter by the Entity; insert your vendor's DUNS number for a more accurate search.
- You can also search by DUNS number (e.g. 1606N020Q02).
- Once you’ve located your vendor, click on the Points of Contact (POC) and confirm the Electronic Business POC or Alternate Electronic Business POC for your organization.
Disclaimer: SAM.gov account registration is separate and not affiliated with the registration of a Vendor Portal account with USPTO.
- If your organization is in Vendor Portal and has an established admin account, please ask your POC to add you as a user to the account.
- If your organization is not in Vendor Portal, please coordinate with your organization’s SAM.gov Electronic Business POC to email VendorPortalRegistration@uspto.gov to register for a Vendor Portal admin account.
- The SAM.gov Electronic Business POC (or Electronic Business Alternate POC) should include the following information in the email:
- Subject: Vendor Portal account request for ‘Organization Name’
e.g. Vendor Portal account request for Acme Corp.
- Body: As an established Electronic Business POC for ‘Organization Name’, ‘DUNS #’, I would like to request a Vendor Portal account on behalf of my organization to submit invoice for ‘Award.’
e.g. As an established Electronic Business POC for Acme Corp., DUNS 55512345, I would like to request a Vendor Portal account on behalf of my organization to submit invoice for 1333BJ19F00152001.
- Once the Vendor Portal help desk can validate the registration, an email will invite the requesting Electronic Business POC to set up an account. After the Electronic Business POC has established the account, they can create additional user accounts, including admin accounts for your organization. The Vendor Portal user guide provides detailed steps for adding user accounts.
- The USPTO will only process account registration requests coming from individuals listed in SAM.gov as an organization’s Electronic Business POC or Alternate Electronic Business POC.