Spend the day at this free seminar with USPTO Design Examiners, Managers, Design Patent Practitioners and Industrial Designers from across the country. Join us to hear lively and thought-provoking discussions about various aspects of design patents, from conception through enforcement. Several of the sessions will be delayed broadcasts from the Alexandria program.
No CLE credit is offered for this event.
Presentation/Discussion Topics will include:
- Update from the Director of Technology Center 2900
- Return of the popular Patent Prosecution Best Practices Panel where experienced practitioners and USPTO examiners discuss recent examination and prosecution trends
- Presentations from major corporations on strategic protection and enforcement of designs
- Panel discussion about the challenges of enforcement of design rights on the Internet
- Case law summaries on important design patent decisions over the past year, from the Federal Circuit, district court, and PTAB
- Discussion session with Design Supervisory Patent Examiner Garth Rademaker.
This event is free and open to the public. However, we ask that you register by April 24, 2018.
Please note that the Silicon Valley USPTO is a federal facility. Attendees are required to present a valid form of government-issued identification (driver license or passport) and may be subject to screening to gain access.
This event is accessible to individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, including captioning, sign language interpreting, or other, please email email@example.com or call (408)918-9900.