This year University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV) Office of Economic Development will be celebrating World Intellectual Property (IP) Day on May 11, 2018. This year’s theme celebrates the brilliance, ingenuity, curiosity, and courage of the women who are driving change in our world and shaping our common future. With speakers from Ballard Spahr LLP, Avery Dennison, UNLV, and the USPTO, this year’s event will showcase the current landscape of intellectual property, and the role of women in shaping that landscape.
This event is free and open to the public. All attendees MUST register at the following UNLV site:
8:30 a.m. - Check-in
9:00 a.m. - Welcome
12:45 p.m. - Lunch
1:30 p.m. - Event End
- Zach Miles, Associate Vice President for Economic Development, UNLV
- John Cabeca, Director, USPTO Silicon Valley
- Nancy Lough, Professor, UNLV - College of Education & Director Graduate Certificate in College Sport Leadership
- Robert Rippee, Director, UNLV Hospitality Lab at the International Gaming Institute
- Scott Marty, Partner, Intellectual Property, Ballard Spahr
- Wendy Choi, Vice President & Sr. IP Counsel, Avery Dennison
- TBD, Women's Research Institute at UNLV
- Additional Speakers Will Be Added Soon
CLE credit will be available for this event. Further details are pending.