CANCELED: This event is canceled. Please check the Silicon Valley USPTO webpage for future event announcements. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Join us at the Silicon Valley U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for a resource program in support of the 4th annual Congressional App Challenge (CAC) for K-12 Students. The Congressional App Challenge runs through November 1, 2017 and encourages K-12 students to create their own apps. The competition is sponsored by the Internet Education Foundation, executing the Challenge on behalf of the U.S. House of Representatives. Event Flyer
Students attending the program will:
- Learn about intellectual property (IP) protection (patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets)
- Meet past CAC winners
- Participate in problem-solving exercises to help design better apps
- Discuss coding strategies
- Discover mentor resources for our area
- Meet other interested students for future collaboration
Registration is free. Please RSVP by September, 26, 2017.
Please note that the Silicon Valley USPTO is a federal facility. Visitors (18 years of age and over) are required to show a valid form of government-issued identification (driver license or passport) and may be subject to security screening to gain access. Minors must be accompanied by an adult.