Families of the Metro Detroit community are invited to join us for a day of free age-appropriate activities and information surrounding science, technology, engineering, arts, and math held at the Detroit Public Library's Main Branch.
- STEM Exhibit Hall: Join the community for a variety of activities. Leaders in STEM fields will be on hand to provide activities, demonstrations, and information about STEM in the Metro Detroit area.
- Tinker: The children’s library will be turned into a maker space for kids to explore STEM.
- How to Protect my Ideas: USPTO staff and volunteers will discuss innovation and invention, and lead exercises on patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
- Ask the Experts: Volunteers from pro bono, and small business resources will be on hand to provide information and answer general questions on programs to support local entrepreneurship and innovation.
- INTA's Anti-Counterfeiting Campaign: Learn how to identify counterfeit products with attorneys from the International Trademark Association.
- Celebrate Science and Engineering Fair of Metro Detroit Science Fair Award Winners: The USPTO provides a professional award for students who's science fair projects demonstrate an innovative way of problem solving. Awards will be presented to recipients celebrating their projects.
All ages are welcome for a day of innovation and exploration. There is no fee to attend. Registration is not required to attend, however, it is highly encouraged. Please register here.
|11:15 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||Welcome by the Elijah J. McCoy Midwest Regional U.S. Patent and Trademark Office|
|12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.||How to protect your ideas with the USPTO|
|1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.||Science Fair Award Presentation|
The Adam Stroh's Hall will be host to the main exhibit area which will include robotics teams, the Michigan Science Center, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, the Inventor's Association of Metro Detroit, legal experts in IP, learn how to identify counterfeited items, and various other hands-on exhibits showcasing STEM.
The Fine Arts Room will showcase the IP Basics presentations and the Science Fair Awards presentation.
Questions? Contact the Elijah J. McCoy Midwest Regional U.S. Patent and Trademark Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-446-4800.