If you are considering applying for a trademark but are new to the process, this program is for you. You will learn the basics of trademarks and leave with a better understanding of how to navigate the application process.
- How trademarks, copyrights, patents, domain names, and business name registrations all differ
- Why any new business should select a trademark that will be both federally registrable and legally protectable, highlighting factors critical when choosing a mark
- The importance of doing a complete search and whether to use an attorney
- What to do if another trademark owner sends a "cease-and-desist" letter
- How to apply to seek federal registration and the role of the USPTO
- How to avoid "scams" perpetrated by companies that request fees for services not required by the USPTO
- What happens after registration
This event is free and open to the public. Please register on Eventbrite if you plan to attend.
1776 will host this event. 1776 scouts, incubates, and funds high-growth startups around the world solving fundamental challenges in sectors like education, energy, transportation and financial services. Learn more about 1776 on their website.