Are you an inventor or new to Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB or Board) proceedings? Join us on Thursday, January 27, at noon ET, to learn more about all aspects of ex parte appeals, America Invents Act (AIA) proceedings, and PTAB operations.
Each Inventor Hour webinar covers the basics about some aspect of an ex parte appeal or an AIA proceeding. Sessions feature useful and interesting information, such as practice tips and case studies. The webinars also introduce an administrative patent judge or a PTAB staff member, so you can learn more about the Board’s decision-makers and those working behind the scenes. In short, Inventor Hour webinars offer something for everyone.
Episode 4 will cover these topics:
- Meet a supervisory patent attorney: A conversation with Supervisory Patent Attorney Steven Fulk to discuss his role at the Board
- Hearing byte: What to expect, what to present, and how to prepare for hearings in ex parte appeals
- Trial byte: An overview of the institution phase in AIA proceedings
- How PTAB fits in: A discussion of where PTAB fits into the patent litigation landscape
- Inventor case study: A look at a case of an independent inventor who successfully defended a patent challenged in a petition for inter partes review
Join us and see how this webinar series can enrich your understanding of PTAB. You can send questions in advance or during the webinar to PTABInventorHour@uspto.gov.
The event is free and open to all. Captioning service will be provided.