Are you interested in learning about intellectual property (IP) basics? In part one of this eight-part recurring series, United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) experts will:
- Provide a brief overview of the different types of IP (patents, trademarks, trade secrets, and copyrights)
- Review the patenting process from invention, to application, to issue
- Cover the requirements for patentability
- Explain how to determine whether a provisional or nonprovisional application is right for you
- Discuss how to weigh the costs and benefits of hiring a patent attorney
This virtual event is hosted by the USPTO Silicon Valley Regional Office and is accessible to individuals with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation, including captioning, sign language interpreting, please call 408-918-9900, email SiliconValley@uspto.gov, or visit us online at Silicon Valley Regional Office.