The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), in collaboration with the Portland District Office of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), will provide a brief overview of the four major types of intellectual property (IP) and explain why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider them in their business plan.
- Overview of intellectual property types: patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets
- An introduction to the new IP Identifier tool
- Why innovators and entrepreneurs should consider protecting their IP
- Importance of patent and trademark searching to protect your IP and possibly avoid infringement
- Understanding the risks of early disclosure
- Resources and assistance available through the USPTO
For more information, please email SiliconValley@uspto.gov.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.