If you are a small business owner or entrepreneur and want to learn how to protect your intellectual property (IP) in Mexico, join experts from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and the Mexican Institute of Industrial Property (IMPI), for this interactive session. You will learn about IMPI and protecting and enforcing IP before the IMPI.
This session will cover:
- Introduction of the IMPI
- Types of enforcement actions that IMPI handles
- Things to consider when bringing an action
- What happens after a decision by IMPI
- Conciliation as a dispute settlement mechanism
The session will feature the following speakers:
- James O. Wilson, Acting Regional Director, Elijah J. McCoy Midwest Regional Office, USPTO
- Cynthia Henderson, IP Counselor for Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean, USPTO
- Héctor Hernández Guerrero, Divisional Director of Intellectual Property Protection, IMPI
This virtual event will include the option to listen in English or Spanish, with the capability to switch languages if needed.
The Mexico IP series is free and open to the public. Attendees may register for any parts of this five-part series using the registration link above.
This event is organized in collaboration with our regional offices and the IP Counselor’s Office in Mexico City. If you have questions or want more information about this event, contact the Elijah J. McCoy Midwest Regional Office at MidwestRegion@uspto.gov or call 313-446-4800.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.