This event has been rescheduled to October 24 from 3-4:30 p.m. ET. Please refer to this listing for updates and information.
If you are a small business owner or entrepreneur and want to learn how to protect your intellectual property (IP) in Mexico, join experts from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and attorneys from the Mexican Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AMPPI) for this interactive session. You will learn the best approach for protecting and enforcing your copyrights in this market, whether you are new to or currently selling in the Mexican market.
This session will cover:
- The process of registering your copyright
- The benefits to registering your copyright
- An overview of copyright protection in Mexico
The session will feature the following speakers:
- Elizabeth Dougherty, Regional Outreach Director, USPTO Eastern Regional Outreach Office
- Cynthia Henderson, IP Counselor for Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean, USPTO
- Santiago Zubikarai, Attorney, AMPPI
Javier Uhthoff Rojo, Attorney, AMPPI
The Mexico IP series is free and open to the public. Attendees may register for any parts of this five-part series using the registration link above.
This event is organized in collaboration with our regional offices and the IP Counselor’s Office in Mexico City. If you have questions or want more information about this event, contact the Eastern Regional Outreach Office at EasternRegionalOutreachOffice@uspto.gov or call 571-270-7100.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.