Spend the day at this free seminar with USPTO Design Examiners, Managers, Design Patent Practitioners and Industrial Designers from across the country. Join us to hear lively and thought-provoking discussions about various aspects of design patents, from conception through enforcement.
No CLE credit is offered for this event.
Presentation/Discussion Topics will include:
- Update from Technology Center 2900
- Return of the popular Patent Prosecution Best Practices Panel where experienced practitioners and USPTO examiners discuss recent examination and prosecution trends
- Presentations from major corporations on strategic protection and enforcement of designs, including Microsoft Corporation, Sugarfina, Inc., and more!
- Panel discussion about the challenges of enforcement of design rights on the Internet
- Case law summaries on important design patent decisions over the past year, from the Federal Circuit, district court, and PTAB
- Discussion session with Design Supervisory Patent Examiner Garth Rademaker.
Registration for this event is free, however, we ask that you RSVP if you plan to attend in Denver by emailing RockyMountain@uspto.gov.