Our Theme for 2018 is "Design at Work."
Spend the day at this free seminar with USPTO Design Examiners, Managers, Design Patent Practitioners and Industrial Designers from across the country. Join us to hear lively and thought-provoking discussions about various aspects of design patents, from conception through enforcement. (There is no fee to attend; however, space is limited and we ask that you register in advance on the AIPLA website.) No CLE credit is offered for this event.
Updated April 2, 2018: We are currently sold out at the Alexandria Campus. However, if you are near a Regional office, please contact the respective office to register. Search "Design Day 2018" on the events calendar for each office location.
• Update from the Director of Technology Center 2900
• USPTO Developments including updates on Hague, ID5, and Design Law Treaty initiatives
• Report from Japan Patent Office on its Study of Industrial Design Competitiveness and Design
• Return of the popular Patent Prosecution Best Practices Panel where experienced practitioners and USPTO examiners discuss recent examination and prosecution trends
• Presentations from major corporations on strategic protection and enforcement of designs, including Microsoft Corporation, Sugarfina, Inc., and more!
• Panel discussion about the challenges of enforcement of design rights on the Internet
• Case law summaries on important design patent decisions over the past year, from the Federal Circuit, district court, and PTAB
This event is co-sponsored by the following:
American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), the IP Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA-IPL), the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA), the International Trademark Association (INTA), the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), and the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).