Join Kathi Vidal, Under Secretary of Commerce for Intellectual Property and Director of the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), for a virtual listening session to hear from experts in the Boston region. The panel will discuss issues impacting the intellectual property (IP) community and how the USPTO can serve as a catalyst for innovation.
- Steven Caltrider, Chief IP Counsel, Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Jennifer Camacho, Principal Member, Taitle LLC
- Stephanie Couch, Executive Director, Lemelson-MIT Program
- Loletta Darden, Associate Clinical Professor of Law and IPEC Director, Suffolk University
- Barbara Fiacco, Partner, Co-Chair, Patent Litigation Practice, Foley Hoag LLP
- Jordana Goodman, Visiting Clinical Assistant Professor, Boston University
- George Peters, Inventor and President, Invent New England, Principal, Open Innovations Group
- Kevin S. Prussia, Partner, Section Co-Chair, Boston Bar IP Section, WilmerHale
- Keith Toms, President of the Boston Patent Law Association, BPLA, McCarter & English
Register for this event ahead of time.
“I look forward to learning from current and aspiring innovators across all regions and demographics to better understand the variety of perspectives on issues that affect them," said Director Vidal. "We are committed to working hand-in-hand with the innovation community and other government agencies to help bring innovation to impact for the betterment of society. Let this be the start of a constructive dialogue to foster an intellectual property system that works for all.”
Stay tuned for further announcements on additional stakeholder listening sessions with Director Vidal. For general questions about the listening sessions, please email email@example.com.
All listening sessions are closed to press. Members of the media can email Paul Fucito at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mandy Kraft at email@example.com with questions.
Please submit your questions for the listening session in advance to EasternRegionalOutreachOffice@uspto.gov