Share your insights and experiences to improve patent prosecution in biotechnology areas at the USPTO’s next Biotechnology, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Customer Partnership (BCP) meeting. The meeting will be held virtually.
BCP meetings are part of a long-standing partnership between the USPTO and its valued stakeholders. The partnership works to improve the quality of the agency’s products and services. The meeting will discuss:
- Application of Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) to search and routing of patent applications
- Interview practice review
- Technology Center decided petitions
- Rule 130 Declarations practice under the American Invents Act (AIA)
- WIPO Standard ST.26 (for Sequence Listing) introduction
- An overview of the Patent Electronic Business Center
- COVID-19 Prioritization Examination Pilot and CARE Act updates
- An overview of the Patent Stakeholder Support Division (SSD)
- PTAB programs and initiatives:
- Precedential and Informative Decisions
- Motions to amend practice in AIA trials
- Legal Experience and Advancement Program (LEAP)
View meeting agenda.
Date, location and Webex/ telephone conference information:
The USPTO looks forward to hearing the individual views from its customers and does not intend to use this forum to seek or arrive at any consensus advice.
For information on past and future meetings and presentations, please visit the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA) website or USPTO BCP webpage.
For questions and comments regarding this event, please email: USPTOBCP1600@USPTO.GOV