Share your insights and experiences to improve patent prosecution in biotechnology areas at the USPTO’s next Biotechnology, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Customer Partnership (BCP) Meeting. The meeting will be held simultaneously at the USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, and the Midwest Regional Office in Detroit, Michigan, and online. Participants will be able to speak with agency experts either in person or via webcast from all locations.
To register, please email USPTOBCP1600@USPTO.GOV by Friday, May 3. Include “BCP RSVP” in the email subject line. In the email body, please include the following information:
- Your name, title and organization
- Contact information (e-mail, phone, etc.)
- Your attending location (Alexandria, Detroit or online).
BCP meetings are part of a long-standing partnership between the USPTO and its valued stakeholders that works to improve the quality of the agency’s products and services. The next meeting’s discussion topics include:
- Subject Matter Eligibility (35 U.S.C. §101) 2019 Patent Subject Matter Eligibility Guidance Update
- Stakeholder Perspectives on 101
- Subject Matter Eligibility Discussion Panel
- Written Description
- TC1600 Quality Initiatives and Plans
- Global Dossier
- Cooperative Patent Classification in Biotech
The USPTO looks forward to hearing the individual views from its customers and does not intend to use this forum to seek or arrive at any consensus advice.
Directions and Parking information
600 Dulany Street
Midwest Regional Office
300 River Place Drive, Suite 2900
For information on past and future meetings and presentations, please visit the AIPLA BCP site and USPTO BCP page .