On April 22, 2021, from 1-4 p.m. ET, join us virtually for an afternoon of lively and thought-provoking discussion about various aspects of design patents. Get insights from United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) design examiners and managers, design patent practitioners, and industrial designers. Register today for this special event.
The event will feature:
• A welcome from Valencia Martin Wallace, Deputy Commissioner for Patents for the USPTO.
• An update from Karen Young, the Director of Technology Center 2900.
• Information on recent design law changes on an international level from the Office of Policy and International Affairs (OPIA).
• An overview of Facebook’s journey with design protection from Henry Tang, Associate General Counsel.
• Case law summaries of the most important design patent decisions over the past year from the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the district courts, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and more.
An optional networking opportunity will be held following the main event, from 4:15 – 5 p.m. ET. Register here for the networking event.
CLE credit is not offered for attending this event.
The registration links are for external participants only. USPTO employees interested in attending the event or networking opportunity should email DesignDay@uspto.gov or call 571-270-7145.
Design Day is co-sponsored by the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), the IP Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA-IPL), the Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA), the International Trademark Association (INTA), the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), and USPTO.