The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) invites law students studying patent law to participate in the 2024 National Patent Application Drafting Competition. The competition introduces students to issues arising in U.S. patent law and develops their patent application drafting, amending, and prosecution skills.
Join us for a free, virtual overview of the 2024 National Patent Application Drafting Competition (NPADC) and competition webpage demo on Friday, October 27, 2023, from noon to 1 p.m. ET.
The presentation will include:
- An overview and history of the competition
- A review of the official rules
- Instructions on how to navigate the registration webpage
- Registration information
A question-and-answer session will follow the presentation.
All participants must meet the following eligibility requirements for the 2024 NPADC:
- Must be students enrolled, on a full-time or part-time basis, at a law school during the 2023-2024 academic year
- Cannot be admitted or licensed to practice law in the United States
- If a registered patent practitioner (i.e., a patent agent), must have a patent registration number issued on or after January 1, 2021
- Cannot be an employee of the USPTO
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.