The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) invites you to watch the 2023 National Patent Application Drafting Competition (NPADC) finals virtually this Friday, April 14, beginning at 9 a.m. ET.
The USPTO started the competition in 2014 to introduce law students to issues arising in U.S. patent law, and it has since evolved into a national law school competition. The competition gives law students an opportunity to develop patent skills by applying legal principles to a hypothetical invention scenario.
Congratulations and good luck to all of the 2023 NPADC regional finalists! Finalists from each regional round include:
- George Washington University Law School (Eastern region)
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (Midwest region)
- University of Missouri-Kansas City (Rocky Mountain region)
- University of Southern California Gould School of Law (Silicon Valley region)
- University of Wisconsin Law School (Texas region)
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation, please submit your request to the contact information listed above.