Below are the general filing requirements for an ePetition requesting to make an application special based on age, pursuant to 37 CFR 1.102(c)(1):
- Unregistered and registered users of the USPTO patent electronic filing system may file this petition as an ePetition.
- The user must enter a valid U.S. application number.
- The application number entered must not be for an issued patent.
- The application must not be in an abandoned status.
- If the filer has power of attorney, a valid Registration Number must be entered.
NOTE: A successful ePetition submission will result in an Electronic Acknowledgement Receipt and Grant Letter being generated. Petitioners should verify that the information on the Electronic Acknowledgement Receipt and Grant Letter is complete and accurate as proof that the ePetition submission was successful.
Additional information on petitions to make special based on age under 37 CFR 1.102 is available on the Office of Petitions web page.