Below is a list of the People’s Republic of China’s intellectual property (IP) agencies, legislative and judicial bodies, and recent IP legislation.
China’s IP offices:
- China National Intellectual Property Administration (English; Chinese)
- National Copyright Administration (English; Chinese)
- State Administration for Market Regulation (Chinese)
China’s legislative offices:
China’s Supreme People’s Court:
- Civil Code
- Patent law and related regulations and rules
- Trademark law and related regulations
- Laws and regulations regarding geographical indications
- Administrative regulations regarding integrated circuit layout designs
- Copyright law
- Anti-unfair Competition law
Additional resources for rights holders doing business in or with China produced by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and other U.S. government agencies can be found in the U.S. government resources section.