See information about our events and engagements with the FDA and the public.
- USPTO to host panel discussion on Duty of Disclosure and Duty of Reasonable Inquiry (February 23, 2023)
- Public Listening Session on Joint USPTO-FDA Collaboration Initiatives
(January 19, 2023)
- Webinar on the Request for Comments on Initiatives to Ensure the Robustness and Reliability of Patent Rights (November 4, 2022)
- USPTO-FDA Cross-Training (September 16, 2022)
The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) hosted a cross-training event to share information with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) about the resources examiners use for prior art searching and examination, and on use of publicly available FDA documents in Patent Trial and Appeal Board proceedings. The FDA plans to use USPTO's shared information for the development of content for future cross-training on publicly available resources at the FDA.
Alexandria, VA – September 16, 2022 – USPTO and FDA collaborative cross-training event held at the USPTO headquarters. (Photos by Jay Premack/USPTO)
- Strategies for biotech and medtech startups: Successfully navigating the USPTO and FDA (September 8, 2022)
The USPTO and the FDA collaborated with industry professionals to provide a program for startup companies on navigating the USPTO patent application process and the FDA approval process. The program also included a guided panel discussion with the USPTO, the FDA, and industry experts on a variety of policy and practice topics.